Thursday, October 5, 2017

It's hot. Damn hot! Real hot!

It's not even half way through spring and it's hot - yes, I am having a whinge. The heat, humidity, a headache or three and a deadline are not making me a happy camper. And to top it off last night I lost my phone !

Oh well, now down to it. In just over a week the "Model Railways for a Day" convention is on and I need to prepare. So I continued today on my four dioramas.  I managed to get a lick of undercoat on and the makings for three of them.



Chicken Wire. So this one is not too bad as you can mold it to pretty much any shape you want. My trusty mechanical staple gun holds it to the wood work nicely. I will on the weekend add the chux or plaster bandage or something in plaster over the top.





Metal Insect Screen. My least preferred. It does not mold easily like the chook wire. It is too stiff in my books.



Cardboard. Cheep by all means. It will work once the plaster strips and such are put over it, but it is clumsy and again, chook wire wins of these three methods.


The fourth one, yet to be done, will of course be Foam. I reckon the best of materials to play with for shaping, strength and ease of modification later on down the track.

Oh, and I found my phone at about 1 am this morning - It is a Samsung and I was able to track its GPS on google maps and of course... it was still down at the train club, wasn't it. So I was able to sleep soundly and go down during daylight hours to collect it.

No comments:

Post a Comment